Individuals have real life situations that the most likely responses are “Beneficial Behaviors”. Within these situations, behaviors are judged for functioning and appropriateness in the context of diagnosis for pathology, harmfulness to self, or harmfulness to others.
- Define what behaviors the person is actually doing.
- Define what individuals and groups that influence them want as behaviors.
- Not all beneficial behaviors look “Beneficial” to others. What is the benefit to the client as a result of these behaviors.
The Technique of Paranormal Psychology Processing Theory:
- Asking a question, then allowing the client to talk through to a solution.
- The question is asked in a way that allows the client to verbally list the consequences good, bad, or neutral. (Consequences are literally the result of a behavior, could be good, bad, or neutral-Positive or negative. Generally the word consequence is connoted as negative results).
- Allowing the client to verbally list how someone else’s behavior influences their decision making and “Beneficial Behaviors”.
- Allowing the client to think through what their behavior is doing-the impact of their behavior.
- Interjecting-conversation with the client that allows a list of as many consequences as possible.
- Allowing the client to develop moral and ethical evaluation and judgment skills, to increase the acceptability of the clients “Beneficial Behaviors”.
- Allowing the client to investigate if their behaviors are beneficial and how.
The Function of the Paranormal Psychology Processing Theory:
For the client to have “Beneficial Behaviors” that are acceptable to society, school setting, or if management training-the organization.
The Purpose of the Paranormal Psychology Processing Theory:
For the Client to figure out the “Beneficial Behaviors” that cause the highest levels of functioning themselves, so that they reinforce themselves. Punishment only suppresses the behavior in front of the punisher.
As a Management Training Technique Paranormal Psychology Processing Theory’s Goal is:
To get the employees to figure out to follow the rules to reinforce themselves. To assess what are the “Beneficial Behaviors” in getting along and success in the department, field, organization? Are these “Beneficial Behaviors” acceptable? Are the “Beneficial Behaviors” requested acceptable? Are your behaviors beneficial, how?
The Paranormal Psychology Processing Theory for Assessment:
The lists of “Beneficial Behaviors” tells what the authorities, persons in charge, or parents are encouraging. Is what the authorities, persons in charge, or parents encouraging considered acceptable “Beneficial Behaviors”.
The “What About”:
Some clients can not see if behaviors are beneficial or not.
The “What Happened”:
Explaining the situation and defining the boundaries or parameters of the “Beneficial Behaviors”. Keeping things in context.
Record Documentation-Referral & Treatment for The PNP Processing Counseling Theory-Assessment: the Paranormal Psychiatry View
The PNP Processing Counseling Theory for Assessment identifies:
- What has occurred,
- the actions or behaviors of the client, and
- the appropriateness of the behavioral or verbal reponses (acceptable or unacceptable).
An “ACCEPTABLE” response-is outside the range of symptoms or criteria. An “UNACCEPTABLE” response is within the ranges of symptoms or criteria.
How to document for referral and treatment plans:
- The situation: “What is the situation?”.
- What is the clients response to the situation? (Acceptable or unacceptable)
- Assess “benefical behaviors”, what the persons that were in authority expepted or requested? (is it acceptable). What would the benefit be to the client for the behaviors or verbal reponses given? What would the benefit be to the person or persons in authority? (Are these responses acceptable or unacceptable).
- Response to alternative behaviors or responses to the situation (Acceptable or unacceptable).
- Recommendations-if therapy or hospitalization is required. Further therapy and treatment plans determine the root causes of the behaviors and verbal responses.
The Purpose: to reduce harm to self and others, to increase functioning, and to document the need for in-dept therapy or not.
The PNP Processing Counseling Theory for Assessment is like the Slosson IQ assessment of the Psychiatric and Psychological world. The Processing Counseling Theory for Assessment is a short effective accurate measure used for intake, emergency, and sliding scale situations.
The referrals for a Treatment Plan Guidelines for The PNP Processing Counseling Theory for Assessment include:
- Referrals for Therapy (presenting issues)
- Medical referrals
- Educational referrals