The Catholic Church describes several names for the Devil:
- Baphomet- associated with the Knights Templar
- Old Scratch, The Stranger, Old Nick- refers to “ones character”
- Prince of Darkness- opposite of light, Biblically “God is Light”.
- Prince of the Air- associated with passions of the flesh
- Satan (The Adversary, Accuser, Prosecutor)- Biblically refers to “Human opposer”.
- The Ancient Serpent, The Cruel Serpent, The Old/Crooked/Coiling Serpent- From Gensis 3 and the story of the Fall.
- The Anti-Christ (666, 616)- refers to the unnamed personification of resistance to Christ.
- Ashbaal-associated with the Old Testment of the Holy Bible and stories of King David
- Maribaal or Meribaal-associated with the Old Testment of the Holy Bible and stories of King David
- Ba’al Peop-associated with the Old Testment and stories of Moses
The Red Door